In the spring of 2019, the Boston College Libraries’ Digital Scholarship Group will host a Digital Scholarship Incubator, a seven-week series that aims to introduce major tools, methodologies, and questions in digital scholarship, while also empowering participants to develop a digital scholarship or pedagogy project. We’ll focus on participants’ needs and desired areas of growth in digital scholarship.
- What is an incubator? An opportunity to develop a digital research or pedagogy project within a cohort of digital scholarship practitioners. Each week we will focus on a different topic. The curriculum includes sessions on user-centered design, digital exhibits, geospatial visualizations, and textual analysis.
- You’ll refine project ideas through planning & peer review.
- You’ll provide the idea(s), and we’ll provide resources to help develop your idea in a safe space.
- What’s the time frame? We’ll begin meeting the week of January 28 and wrap up in April.
- What are the expectations for participants? We ask that participants commit to seven two-hour meetings, plus some additional work outside of the meeting sessions.
We invite applicants who are interested in joining a cohort of digital scholarship practitioners. No prior experience or knowledge is necessary. Applications are due November 19, 2018.