The Digital Studio’s 3D modeling station is available to the BC community by reservation during times when the Studio is staffed (9 am-5 pm, M-F). It offers a space and appropriate equipment to ease the process of taking photos for the creation of a 3D model (photogrammetry) or for taking high-quality photos of objects in general.
- Lightbox to keep shadows to a minimum
- Manual turntable with markers approximately every 10 degrees
- Camera tripod
- DSLR camera for taking photos
- iPad Pro for taking laser scans
- Risers for small objects
To process the 3D models that use photos (photogrammetry), the Digital Studio has the user-friendly Agisoft Metashape on computer #18. As 3D models may take some time to process, approximately 1 hour for 100 photos or more depending on the desired resolution, we recommend reserving this computer in advance.
- See our Agisoft Metashape introductory tutorial
Want to Learn More?
Interested in a 3D modeling project but don’t know where to start? Check out these resources:
- Tips and Tricks for Successful Photo Taking for 3D Modeling
- How to process your 3D model in Agisoft Metashape
To view BCDS 3D models, see the Digital Scholarship 3D Collection on Sketchfab.